Delivering engineered solutions.
Omni-ProTM is a polypropylene/polyethylene macrosynthetic monofilament fiber. Omni-Pro fibers are primarily used as secondary/post-first crack reinforcement and will also provide plastic shrinkage reinforcement in concrete.
- Channel and Tunnel Lining
- Slope Stabilization
- Structural Rehabilitation
Recommendations for Use
Recommended dosage rate is between, but not limited to, 3 – 11 lbs. per cubic yard.
Omni-Pro fibers are not to be used to replace primary, load-bearing steel reinforcement.
Omni-Pro is packaged in water-soluble bags that can be added directly into the concrete mix.
To ensure optimum distribution of the fibers, Omni-Pro must be put at the middle or end of the load (in ready-mix trucks).
A minimum of 75-100 revolutions at mixing speed or 5-7 minutes of mixing at high speed may be needed to ensure complete dispersion of the fibers.
For detailed mixing instructions, please contact your Regional FiberForce Expert.
- Specific Gravity0.91
- Alkali ResistanceExcellent
- Acid & Salt ResistanceExcellent
- Electrical ConductivityLow
- Tensile Strength73 ksi (avg)
Features & Benefits
- Provides post-first crack residual strength to concrete
- Provides temperature-shrinkage reinforcement
- Increases concrete durability - including impact and abrasion resistance and fatigue strength
- Reduces plastic shrinkage and settlement cracking
- Reduces water migration, bleed water, and permeability of concrete
- Provides uniformly distributed reinforcement throughout concrete, not just in one plane as with traditional steel reinforcement
- Less shotcrete is required because there is no “shoot-around” associated with traditional steel reinforcement
- A cost-effective alternative to traditional steel reinforcement due to reduced installation and labor costs
Product Approvals & Compliance with Industry Standards
- ASTM C1116 Section 4.1.3 and Note 2
- ASTM C1399
- Listed by UL in CBXQ.R19202 (Fiber Reinforcement and Concrete Additives) for use as an alternative or in addition to the welded wire fabric used in Floor-Ceiling Designs Nos. D700, D800, and D900 Designs.
- ANSI/SDI C-2011 Designs – Shrinkage and temperature reinforcement alternative to welded wire reinforcing (WWR) for composite steel floor decks when used at a minimum dosage rate of 4 lbs. per cubic yard.