Delivering engineered solutions.
Ny-TufTM is a monofilament nylon fiber designed to distribute quickly throughout the concrete mix. Ny-Tuf fibers are primarily used as temperature-shrinkage reinforcement and plastic-shrinkage reinforcement in concrete. The fibers modify the macro and microcracking properties of the concrete, which significantly improves long-term durability.
Extensive testing has proven that Ny-Tuf is an optimal alternative to welded wire mesh (WWF) as a temperature-shrinkage crack reinforcement in concrete.
- Residential and Commercial Slabs-on-Ground
- Architectural and Ornamental Precast Products
- Dry Packaged Cement-based Products
Recommendations for Use
No modifications are required when used at 1 lb. per cubic yard.
For dosage rates outside the typical range, please contact your Regional FiberForce Expert.
- Specific Gravity1.16
- Alkali ResistanceExcellent
- Melting Point490 °F (260 °C)
- Electrical ConductivityLow
- Modulus of Elasticity750 ksi
Features & Benefits
- Uniform distribution throughout the concrete mix
- Excellent finishing properties
- Excellent reduction in plastic and temperature-shrinkage cracking
- Measurably reduces permeability, thus increasing freeze-thaw durability
- Increases concrete durability - including impact and abrasion resistance and fatigue strength
- Extends service life of concrete
Product Approvals & Compliance with Industry Standards
- ASTM C1116 Section 4.1.3 and Note 2
- ICC ES AC32 Section 3.1.1
- ICC ES AC32 Section 3.2.2