Delivering engineered solutions.
FiberForce T5-50TM is a low carbon, cold-drawn shaved steel fiber developed for use as temperature-shrinkage reinforcement and post-first crack toughness in concrete, increase load carrying capacity of slabs-on-ground.
- Light, Medium, Heavy Industrial, and Commercial Slabs-on-Ground
- Blast Resistant Structures
- Truck Access Pavements (Malls, Industrial and Warehouse sites)
- Heavy Duty Pavements (Airports and Highways)
- Shotcrete Applications (Tunnel Liners, Irrigation Ditches, and Slope Stabilization)
Recommendations for Use
Recommended dosage rate is between, but not limited to, 25 – 120 lbs. per cubic yard.
However, a specific dosage rate should be established by the project engineer or government agency for a given application based on project conditions and requirements.
FiberForce T5-50 is not intended to replace primary, structural steel in concrete.
The steel fibers are pre-packaged in bags or boxes that are NOT water-soluble, hence the fibers must be removed from its packaging for use.
To ensure optimum distribution, the fibers must be added to the ready-mix drum after the conventional concrete ingredients have been properly mixed.
The fibers must be introduced at a constant/uniform rate while the drum is revolving at mixing speed.
A minimum of 75-100 revolutions at mixing speed or 5-7 minutes of mixing at high speed may be needed to ensure complete dispersion of the fibers.
For detailed mixing, placing and finishing instructions, please contact your Regional FiberForce Expert.
- MaterialCold-drawn shaved steel wire
- Avg. Equivalent Diameter0.061 in (1.56 mm)
- Standard Length1.97 in (50 mm)
- Avg. Aspect Ratio32
- Tensile Strength128 ksi (883 MPa)
- Fibers/lb.Approx. 617 fibers/lb.
Features & Benefits
- Provides post-first crack residual strength to concrete
- Provides temperature-shrinkage reinforcement
- Increases concrete durability - including impact and abrasion resistance and fatigue strength
- Provides uniformly distributed reinforcement throughout the concrete, not just in one plane as with traditional steel reinforcement
- A cost-effective alternative to traditional steel reinforcement
Product Approvals & Compliance with Industry Standards
- ASTM A820 Type 5
- ASTM C1116 Section 4.1.1