Delivering engineered solutions.
FiberForce 850TM (formally, Advanced Performance BlendTM ) is a blend of FiberForce T5-50TM and FiberForce 150TM. FiberForce 850 fibers are primarily used as plastic shrinkage crack reinforcement and post-first crack toughness in concrete.
- Light, Medium, and Heavy Industrial and Warehouse Sites
- Ingress-egress roadways and industrial and warehouse sites
- Parking facilities and malls
- Bonded concrete overlays
- Septic tanks
Elevated decks with composite steel decking
Recommendations for Use
Recommended dosage rate is typically between, but not limited to, 24 – 48 lbs. per cubic yard*.
However, specific dosage rate should be established by the project engineer or government agency for a given application based on project conditions and requirements.
Please note that at 23 lbs. per cubic yard of FiberForce T5-50, the steel fibers function purely as a secondary reinforcement.
* Blend of 23 lbs. per cubic yard of FiberForce T5-50 and 1 lb. per cubic yard of FiberForce 150.
FiberForce 850 fibers are pre-packaged in water-soluble bags that can be added directly into the concrete mix.
To ensure optimum distribution, the fibers must be introduced to the ready-mix drum during or after the concrete is batched and loaded into the truck.
A minimum of 75-100 revolutions at mixing speed or 5-7 minutes of mixing at high speed may be needed to ensure complete dispersion of the fibers.
For detailed mixing, placing and finishing instructions, please contact your Regional FiberForce Expert.
- Microsynthetic ComponentFiberForce 150
- Specific Gravity0.91
- Alkali ResistanceExcellent
- Electrical ConductivityLow
- Equivalent Diameter0.0019 in (0.048 mm)
- Standard Length0.75 in (19 mm)
- Steel ComponentFiberForce T5-50
- MaterialCold-drawn shaved steel wire
- Avg. Equivalent Diameter32
- Avg. Aspect RatioCorrugated
- Standard Length1.5 in (38 mm)
Features & Benefits
- Provides post-first crack residual strength to concrete
- Provides temperature-shrinkage reinforcement
- Increases concrete durability - including impact and abrasion resistance and fatigue strength
- Reduces plastic shrinkage and settlement cracking
- Reduces water migration, bleed water, and permeability of concrete
- Provides uniformly distributed reinforcement throughout the concrete, not just in one plane as with traditional steel reinforcement
- A cost-effective alternative to traditional steel reinforcement
Product Approvals & Compliance with Industry Standards
- ASTM C1116 Section 4.1.1 and Note 2
- ASTM C1116 Section 4.1.3