Delivering engineered solutions.
FiberForce 650TM (Tuf-Max DOTTM ) is a macrosynthetic fiber developed from a specific blend of polypropylene and polyethylene resins. FiberForce 650 was developed for use as temperature-shrinkage reinforcement and post-first crack toughness and will also provide plastic shrinkage reinforcement in concrete.
- Commercial, Industrial, and Warehouse Slabs-on-Ground
- Slabs-on-Ground and Roadway and Highway Pavements
- Bridge Decks
- Septic Tnanks
- Burial Vaults
- Utility Vaults
Recommendations for Use
Recommended dosage rate is typically, but not limited to, 3 – 11 lbs. per cubic yard.
However, specific dosage rate should be established by the project engineer or government agency for a given application based on project conditions and requirements.
FiberForce 650 is packaged in water-soluble bags that can be added directly into the concrete mix.
To ensure optimum distribution, the fibers must be introduced to the ready-mix drum during or after the concrete is batched and loaded into the truck.
A minimum of 75-100 revolutions at mixing speed or 5-7 minutes of mixing at high speed may be needed to ensure complete dispersion of the fibers.
For detailed mixing instructions, please contact your Regional FiberForce Expert.
- Specific Gravity0.91
- Alkali ResistanceExcellent
- Melting Point320 °F (160 °C)
- Electrical ConductivityLow
- Aspect Ratio100
- Equivalent Diameter0.015 in (0.38 mm)
- Standard Length 1.5 in (38 mm)
- Other Available Length2.0 in (50 mm)
Features & Benefits
- Provides post- first crack residual strength to concrete
- Provides temperature-shrinkage reinforcement
- Increases concrete durability - including impact and abrasion resistance and fatigue strength
- Reduces plastic shrinkage and settlement cracking
- Measurably reduces permeability, thus increasing freeze-thaw durability
- Provides uniformly distributed reinforcement throughout the concrete, not just in one plane as with traditional steel reinforcement
- A cost-effective alternative to traditional steel reinforcement
Product Approvals & Compliance with Industry Standards
- ASTM C1116 Section 4.1.3 and Note 2
- ASTM D7508
- ANSI/SDI C-2011 Designs – Shrinkage and temperature reinforcement alternative to welded wire reinforcing (WWR) for composite steel floor decks when used at a minimum dosage rate of 4 lbs. per cubic yard.
- Listed by UL in CBXQ.R19202 (Fiber Reinforcement and Concrete Additives) for use as an alternative or in addition to the welded wire fabric used in Floor-Ceiling Designs Nos. D700, D800, and D900 Designs as Tuf-Max DOT.