Delivering engineered solutions.
FiberForce 550TM (formally, Macro-Pro) is a macrosynthetic fiber developed from a highly modified fibrillated polypropylene/polyethylene resin where the main fibrils have been increased in cross-section versus conventional fibrillated products. The increased fiber length and enhanced mechanical bond provide a higher level of performance in post-first crack toughness in concrete where the fibers can carry the load across a crack.
FiberForce 550 fibers are primarily used as secondary/shrinkage and temperature crack reinforcement in concrete.
- Septic Tanks
- Burial Vaults
- Jersey Barriers
- Utility Vaults
- Commercial, Industrial, and Warehouse Slabs-on-Ground
- Elevates Steel Decks
- Exterior Slab-on-Ground, including Roadways and Truck Terminals
- Temperature Reinforcement in Walls
Recommendations for Use
Recommended dosage rate is typically, but not limited to, 3 – 7 lbs. per cubic yard.
For detailed mixing instructions and dosage rates outside the typical range, please contact your Regional FiberForce Expert.
FiberForce 550 is not intended to replace primary, load-bearing steel reinforcement.
- Specific Gravity0.91
- Alkali ResistanceExcellent
- Melting Point320 °F (160 °C)
- Electrical ConductivityLow
- Equivalent Diameter0.035 in (0.89 mm)
- Aspect Ratio43
- Standard Length1.5 in (38 mm)
- Other Available Length2 in (50 mm)
Features & Benefits
- Provides post-first crack residual strength to concrete
- Excellent distribution and finishing properties
- Increases concrete durability - including impact and abrasion resistance and fatigue strength
- Reduces plastic shrinkage and settlement cracking
- Measurably reduces permeability, thus increasing freeze-thaw durability
- Provides uniformly distributed reinforcement throughout the concrete, not just in one plane as with traditional steel reinforcement
- A cost-effective alternative to traditional steel reinforcement
Product Approvals & Compliance with Industry Standards
- ASTM C1116, Section 4.1.3 and Note 2
- ASTM D7508
- ANSI/SDI C-2011 and C-2017 – Shrinkage and temperature reinforcement alternative to welded wire reinforcing (WWR) for composite steel floor decks when used at a minimum dosage rate of 4 lbs. per cubic yard Section 2.4.B.13 (2011) and 2.4.B.15 (2017).