Delivering engineered solutions.
FiberForce 500TM (Fibril-ProTM ) is an ultra-low denier fibrillated microsynthetic fiber manufactured from 100% virgin polypropylene resins. FiberForce 500 is primarily used as secondary/temperature shrinkage reinforcement and plastic shrinkage reinforcement in concrete.
FiberForce 500 offers excellent distribution and finishability as well as extending service life by enhancing impact and surface abrasion resistance. The fibrillation pattern was designed to optimize mechanical bond between the mortar mix and the fiber networks, and, due to the low denier, considerably more fibrillated bundles are introduced to the concrete mix, thus providing increased plastic and drying shrinkage crack resistance as compared to other microsynthetic fibers.
- Architectural Precast Products and Ornamental Elements
- Ultra-thin Whitetopping (UTW)
- Residential and Commercial Slabs-on-Ground
- Irrigation Ditches and Channels
- Shotcrete Applications
Recommendations for Use
Recommended dosage rate is 1.5 lbs. per cubic yard.
For dosage rates outside the typical range, please contact your Regional FiberForce Expert.
FiberForce 500 is an excellent replacement for conventional secondary reinforcement.
- Specific Gravity0.91
- Alkali ResistanceExcellent
- Melting Point320 °F (160 °C)
- Acid & Salt ResistanceExcellent
- Electrical ConductivityLow
- Equivalent Diameter0.012 in (0.31 mm)
- Standard Length0.75 in (19 mm)
- Other Available Lengths0.25 in (6.4 mm), 0.5 in (12.7 mm)
Features & Benefits
- Excellent distribution throughout the concrete mix
- Excellent temperature-shrinkage reinforcement
- Excellent reduction in plastic shrinkage and settlement cracking
- Extends service life of the concrete with reduced maintenance
- Increases concrete durability - including impact and abrasion resistance and fatigue strength
Product Approvals & Compliance with Industry Standards
- ASTM C1116 Section 4.1.3 and Note 2
- ASTM D7508
- ICC ES AC32 Section 3.1.1
- ICC ES AC32 Section 3.2.2
- Listed as ICC ESR-1699